Band of the Day Questions
Thanks for taking some time to chat with From the Green Room
1. What’s the name of the band?
2. Where are you from?
3. What type of music do you play?
We play Story Metal, that is our own subgenre of Heavy metal, its based upton true storytelling, visual and musically combined.
4. Introduce yourselves to the readers and tell us what you do in the band?
My name is Simon Forsell. I am one of the founders of the band. I play guitar, keyboards and drums and also do some backing vocals. I do write most of the music of what we play and some of the lyrics. Olli Violet, one of the singers, do write lyrics and some music as well. I have been playing guitar for over 37 years now… And sometimes I wonder how that could be when I am not feeling older than 22.
5. This is probably a common question but one that most want to know, what musical influences did you have growing up, and what are some now?
I had a lot of different influences as I started to play as early as 6 years old. But I must say that my biggest influences were my guitar teachers. I mean I loved and had some guitar heroes on my wall but whatever I came with to my guitar teachers they could play it all. It was amazing to watch and see. This really inspired me to continue. I wanted to be like them. So a big shoutout to all the guitar teachers out there. You are amazing.
6. Have you always been into music? Was it something that just came to you naturally?
I have grown up with music. I came from a very musically active family so yeah, I have always been into music, it came with my blood and I cannot live without it. Its not just a fun thing for me. It’s the reason I exist and why I get out of bed each morning. I need music to survive. All through my younger years, and my young adult years and also now my guitar and my music has
been there for me to help me handle different situations. I cannot imagine a life without it and hopefully I never have to.
7. What can we expect from the band in the rest of 2022 and beyond into 2023?
Pressure are in a growing phase right now. We are working with new songs. We are also setting up a new show, but its very early to talk about it yet. But it will be a big theme show with Story metal influences and a lot of things that will combine modern story telling with heavy rock music. During the upcoming months there will be a lot of new and exciting releases and perhaps even a third album.
8. For someone who wants to know more about the band, were can they find you at? And were can they find your music?
Here are some good links for you to follow us and listen to us
9. Let’s answer some fun questions, what is your all time favorite band?
This differs from day to day! I must have the most diverse Spotify playlist who ever was created but, well if I need to say today, it would be Queen!
10. If you could tour with any band and open or have them open for you, who would you choose?
I would love for Pressure to open for Sabaton. These Swedish rockers are absolutely amazing. Their storytelling and heavy music would be perfect for us to open for!
Thanks for chatting with me From the Green Room and look forward to chatting again in the future.